Marketing and Design Intern
Inkbench offers an enterprise class, cloud-based technology platform that solves digital marketing and content creation problems for organizations that care about their brands. We empower users at all skill levels – from lay-user to seasoned designer – to efficiently create and work together on brand-compliant visuals for social media, websites, intranets and other communications channels.
With Inkbench, just about anyone can create effective, brand-compliant visuals. This speeds materials production and simplifies internal workflows. At the same time, brand stewards and marketing and communications leaders enjoy more control of the creative process with reduced creative fees that more than offset the cost of the subscription.
Inkbench, located in Montclair, NJ, counts as its paying clients several Fortune 500 companies. A scrappy startup, Inkbench was recently spun out from The SPI Group, a leading corporate communications agency with Fortune 500 clients.
This internship is a terrific opportunity for someone who is passionate about design, marketing, and working with sophisticated clients. If you are looking for a fast-paced working environment where you will be exposed to different types of marketing and design projects, this internship is for you! This position will be highly involved in ALL aspects of marketing, as applicable: social media, content creation, communications, digital, design, customer interaction, events, and more.
You heart startups—you like flexibility and ownership; you move quickly and (sometimes) break things; you appreciate process, but don't mind if it doesn't exist sometimes. You will be an early and key part of the team with outsized ability to influence the growth and future of the company. This is a great opportunity to experience the excitement and energy of a technology start-up as an integral part of a small but growing team.
This paid internship will require 10 to 15 hours per week. Once up to speed, some of the work may be done remotely. The internship will start as soon as you are ready to begin work.
The position may require occasional travel within the NY/NJ region.
What You'll Do
The Marketing and Design Intern will support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Chief Product Officer (CPO) in:
- Building Inkbench’s social media audiences and raising awareness of the organization across the social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Designing and deploying digital assets and templates for Inkbench and its clients.
- Assist with customer onboarding including designing training materials and user orientation sessions.
- Create and curate a resource library of ‘how-to’ information and videos.
- Produce regular customer newsletter highlighting platform enhancements, success stories and useful tips for getting the most out of the Inkbench platform.
- Attend conferences where Inkbench is an exhibitor.
- Provide regular feedback to the product development team.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
- Strong proficiency with leading desktop and online design tools (Adobe suite, others); multi-media design experience preferred.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Organized with solid project management skills.
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proficiency with creative tools (such as Adobe Photoshop), Slack (and other team collaboration tools), video conferencing and presentation tools
- Have a high level of intellectual curiosity. You see opportunity and growth in learning and pushing yourself.
- You’re known for being a “team player.”